UMW Small Business Development Center – QuickBooks
Topic: Business Accounting and Budget
This event is being held in person only.
Did you know that more than 85% of business owners are using QuickBooks. Why? Because it is said to be “easy to use”. While it may be easier (italicize easier) than other software that is out there, many still find it intimidating and overwhelming. The key is learning how to use QuickBooks the right way; the way it was designed to be used. Our class focuses on the things you must know to use QuickBooks the right way, right from the start.
1. Getting started in QuickBooks Online. Learn the tasks that should be completed in order to get your bookkeeping off to the best start possible.
2. Day to day tasks. Learn how to perform the typical daily bookkeeping tasks, including: managing and categorizing bank transactions; adding and maintaining vendor and customer lists; creating customer invoices and recording payments; reconciling your bank and credit card accounts.
3. Top 3 mistakes to avoid. Learn the 3 most common mistakes people make when using QuickBooks, and more importantly how you can avoid them.
Note: Connie will be offering a free 30-minute virtual follow-up consulting to all attendees who wish to take advantage of it any time after the workshop.
Speaker(s): Connie Whittingham of Y-OPA Consulting was for years a bookkeeper with a passion for numbers. Her love for numbers is what eventually led to her becoming a small business owner and offering QuickBooks coaching and training services to hundreds of other small business owners around the country. She enjoys working with business owners to help them make bookkeeping a priority in their business, because she knows it can have a positive and long-lasting impact on their business. It is her passion. Her unique perspective as both a bookkeeper and a business owner is a valuable resource to many.
In addition to having more than 20 years of bookkeeping experience, Connie has been a Certified QuickBooks Pro Advisor since 2002. She has certifications in QuickBooks Desktop Pro, Premier and Enterprise, as well as an Advanced Certification in QuickBooks Online.
Fee: $ 150.00
To pay online, click continue. All payments are final and there are no refunds unless the class is canceled.
- UMW Small Business Development Center – GovCon101: Is Your Business Ready for Government Contracting?
- University of Mary Washington (UMW) Business Acumen Series – Executive Presence and Credibility
- University of Mary Washington (UMW) Business Acumen Series – Building a Culture of Innovation
- UMW Small Business Development Center – Understanding Employment Regulations
- RIoT Bagels and Business