New to VRE? Claim your free ride!
The Virginia Railway Express (VRE) is offering new passengers a free roundtrip ticket, as part of its 30th-anniversary celebration. While VRE is known for its safe, reliable, comfortable, and convenient commuter rail service, there are some who have yet to avail themselves of this high-quality travel option. So, VRE has devised a way for commuters to try its service without charge. To get a free ticket:
- Scan the QR code to the right
- Click “New to VRE? Request a Free Ride”
- Download VRE Mobile for Android or iPhone to your mobile device
- Set up a VRE Mobile account
- Submit the form at the bottom of the “Request a Free Ride” page
- Then, shortly, a free ticket – which expires after six months – will be pushed out to your mobile device
VRE provides personalized assistance to those who need help setting up the mobile app. Simply call 800-743-3873 or complete the help request form at the bottom of the VRE Mobile webpage. A two-minute video also guides viewers through the set-up process.
VRE trains primarily run north into Washington in the morning and south in the afternoon. Thirty-two daily trains serve two lines, Manassas and Fredericksburg, which parallel I-66 and I-95, respectively. Schedules are available on the rail service’s website. Parking is free at most of its 19 stations, including Fredericksburg, and bicycles are permitted on all trains.
VRE has served tens of millions of satisfied customers since it began service in June 1992. See what you’ve been missing. Redeem a free ride, then sit back, relax, and leave the driving to VRE. Visit vre.org to learn more.