Sip & Stroll event returning to FXBG Friday
The event marks the re-imagining of the First Friday promotion. Fredericksburg VA Main Street Inc. is spearheading the event. The first ones were held in February, March and April.
Here’s how it works:
- Sip & Stroll beverages are served in clearly marked cups showing where the cup was purchased. Customers are given a wristband showing they purchased a Sip & Stroll beverage, making it easier for volunteers and police to spot if someone is leaving the boundaries with their beverage. Each restaurant is still responsible for carding its own customers even if they already have a wristband. Each customer will only receive one wristband from wherever the initial purchase was made.
- Each participating restaurant will give customers their own cup with their own business logo. Beverages from one restaurant cannot be brought into a different restaurant and will need to be discarded upon entering.
- The event will run from 5-9 p.m. with last call at 8:30 p.m. All drinks on the street must be discarded by 9 p.m.
- Volunteers and Fredericksburg police officers will be present downtown during First Friday activities to ensure everyone’s safety and enjoyment. Volunteers will have maps and other information related to the night’s activities that can be provided to visitors.
- No outside alcohol is permitted. Only drinks purchased at participating restaurants are allowed on the streets. Drinks must remain within the marked boundaries.
Volunteers are needed. For more information and to sign up, go to FXBGfirstfriday.com.