A Fantastic Fall in Fredericksburg
A fall in Fredericksburg is the best type of fall. This season of autumn, Fredericksburg is stepping up to the fall ball plate with a number of exciting events. Here are some wonderful, seasonal options for enjoying fall in Fredericksburg.
- Fall Festival Weekends at Braehead Farm – Every weekend throughout October, from 9am-6pm, Braehead Farm will host its Fall Festival. Swing by this homey, lovely farm for a wonderful autumn experience.
- Fall Harvest Festival at Belvedere Plantation – One of the many festivals this fall can be enjoyed at Belvedere Plantation. Visit on weekends (Thursday-Sunday) through November 4th.
Family Fun & Festivals:
- Campout in the Park – Head to Motts Run Reservoir on October 20th for a campout with the whole family. Space is limited, so register early!
- Fall Arts & Craft Festival – Browse the Fredericksburg Convention Center on October 14th-15th to find jewelry, art, and decorations that are fitting for the fall season.
- Scarecrow Fest – Through the month of October, scarecrows will be taking over the streets of downtown Fredericksburg. Vote for your favorite!
- Costume Stroll & Treats on the Street – Grab your costume and stroll the streets of downtown Fredericksburg for delicious sweets. Meet at the VRE Lot (Caroline and Frederick Streets at 9:15am) for the Costume Stroll at 9:30 am. Walking, stroller, or wagons only. No motorized vehicles, floats, pets or bikes. From 10:00am to 12:00pm on October 28th, participating businesses will be handing out treats; you can find which businesses are participating by balloons outside.
- Halloween at the FXBG Farmers Market – Head over the the Farmers Market on Saturday, October 28th to celebrate the spookiness.
- Gothic Ghosts – On October 14th and 15th at the Rising Sun Tavern, hear some of the spookiest ghost stories that have haunted the city of Fredericksburg for centuries.
Find out about many more Fredericksburg fall events here.