‘FXBG Diverse City’ campaign launches this week
The City of Fredericksburg this week started a five-month social media campaign to recognize and promote the diverse mix of businesses in our community.
The campaign, called “FXBG Diverse City,” is inspired by “Humans of New York” and Fredericksburg City Councilor Jason Graham’s recent series to profile City employees.
“FXBG Diverse City” will feature two social media posts per week (every Tuesday and Saturday) for five months on the Fredericksburg, Virginia Economic Development & Tourism Facebook page and Instagram feed. A compilation video will be posted at the end of each month on the page, and a landing page has been created for the campaign at visitfred.com/fxbg-diverse-city. Each post will feature a different business, with the following themes:
- February: Black-owned businesses (for Black History Month)
- March: Women-owned businesses (for Women’s History Month)
- April: Minority-owned businesses (for Celebrate Diversity Month)
- May: Small businesses (for Small Business Month)
- June: LGBTQIA+ businesses (for LGBTQIA+ Pride Month)
Lily Eghtessad of the City’s Department of Economic Development and Tourism is spearheading the campaign. Fredericksburg’s Economic Development Authority is providing financial support.
This is one of the initiatives the City of Fredericksburg is undertaking for Black History Month. Here are some additional promotions: