FXBG Focal Point, March 2022
Here are some news items from the Fredericksburg business community in March 2022:
- Nicholls Auction Marketing Group, Inc., announces the auction of a 4,500+ sf. multi-tenant commercial building located on the corner of Lafayette Blvd. & Sophia St. in downtown Fredericksburg on March 31. (Zoned Commercial Downtown (CD)-Commercial & residential tenants) Ideal location across from VRE train station, walking distance to downtown and access to major thoroughfares (Rts. 1, 2, 3, 17 & I-95).
- GWRideConnect, now uses the Commonwealth’s Commute!VA web and mobile app. Local businesses can participate by rewarding local commuters for choosing a “greener” commute. Participating businesses will then be marketed to thousands of Virginia commuters who are looking to redeem their Commute!VA rewards points. It’s free and easy! To get started, just visit: https://couponbook.wufoo.com/forms/agile-mile-merchant-participation-request/. For more information about the app, visit: https://commuteva.agilemile.com/gwrideconnect.
- Heather Hagerman has joined the commercial brokerage team at Fredericksburg-based Johnson Realty Advisors.
- FJBF Bike Rentals has opened at 909 Sophia St. near the Chatham Bridge.
- Bohn Mortgage has opened a branch office at 107 William Street in downtown Fredericksburg.
- Stephanie Grooms Artistry – which offer photography, videography, graphic design and branding services – has opened an office at 321 William Street in downtown Fredericksburg.
- The Fredericksburg Expo Center on June 25 will play host to the Rappahannock Area Celebration with Will Graham.
- WholePoint Holdings LLC purchased a 2,479 s.f. office building at 905 Barton St. from Cyrus City Properties, LLC for $605,000 as an investment. Jamie A. Scully, CCIM of Cushman & Wakefield | Thalhimer handled the sale negotiations on behalf of the seller.
- Kokee Tea leased 1,340 s.f. of retail space at 1676 Carl D. Silver Pkwy. in Central Park. Virgil G. Nelson, CCIM and Sharon E. Schmidt handled the lease negotiations on behalf of the landlord.
- Alive by Design Chiropractic Center leased 1,800 s,f. of retail space at 1245 Emancipation Hwy. in Eagle Village. James Ashby IV and Virgil G. Nelson, CCIM handled the lease negotiations on behalf of the landlord; Jamie Scully, CCIM, also with Thalhimer, represented the tenant.
- Worldwide Counter Threat Solutions, LLC expanded with an additional lease of 1,820 square feet of office space at 1121-1440 Central Park Blvd. in Central Park Corporate Center. Jamie Scully, CCIM and Sharon E. Schmidt handled the lease negotiations on behalf of the landlord.
- Aspetto, Inc. was recently awarded the Government Services Administration (GSA) 8(a) Streamlined Technology Acquisition Resources for Services (STARS) III Governmentwide Acquisition Contract (GWAC).
The Department of Economic Development and Tourism will publish FXBG Focal Point at the end of each month. Send submissions to Economic Development Specialist Amy Peregoy at [email protected]
No items found