IST Research chosen for selective program
A Fredericksburg-based defense contractor is among 10 Virginia companies selected for a two-year export program providing resources to support international business expansion.
IST Research, which is based at 401 Hanover Street in Downtown Fredericksburg, was selected for the Virginia Leaders in Export Trade (VALET) program.
The VALET program assists Virginia companies that are committed to international exporting as a growth strategy. To participate, each business must meet both quantitative and qualitative selection criteria, and participating firms are chosen based on their dedication to growing export sales. To date, 368 Virginia companies have been accepted to participate in the VALET program.
The companies joining the VALET program are:
- American K-9 Interdiction, LLC (Isle of Wight County)
- BecTech (City of Alexandria)
- BluVector (Arlington County)
- Embody Inc. (City of Norfolk)
- Har-Tru (Louisa County)
- IST Research (City of Fredericksburg)
- Kapsuun Group (Fairfax County)
- Moog Inc. (Montgomery County)
- Morphix Technologies (City of Virginia Beach)
- TRU Ball/AXCEL Archery (Amherst County)
“International trade is a critical driver of Virginia’s economy, including jobs and capital investment, and will be an important component of the Commonwealth’s economic recovery efforts post-pandemic,” said Virginia Economic Development Partnership President and CEO Stephen Moret. “We are thrilled that these Virginia companies have chosen to accelerate their international sales efforts via the VALET Program, and we look forward to putting our resources to work for their global success.”