Look for Pinwheel Gardens around FXBG
Prevent Child Abuse America launched the national Pinwheels for Prevention® campaign in April 2008. Since then, more than 5 million pinwheels have been displayed nationwide. The campaign symbol, a blue-and-silver pinwheel, is a reminder of the happy childhoods and bright futures that all children deserve. Prevent Child Abuse Virginia adopted the Pinwheels for Prevention® campaign to spread a message of resilience, engage communities and inspire individual action across Virginia.
Join us for local FXBG Pinwheel Events in April:
- Wear Blue on April 1st – in support of Child Abuse Prevention Month.
- Plant Pinwheels – Pinwheel gardens will be planted throughout the City! Meet us at City Hall at 9:30 a.m. on April 1st to create a pinwheel garden! Not able to join us? Call 372-1032 ext. 245 for additional sites.
- Pinwheel in the Park! – Join us at 7 p.m. Thursday, April 14th at the Virginia Credit Union Stadium to receive your pinwheel and turn the stands BLUE in observance of Child Abuse Prevention Month. Game tickets are available here.
- Take a photo with any blue pinwheels you see and tag us! #protectVAkids #fxbgpinwheelproject #hfracares
- Protecting Children is Everyone’s Job – please share our flier.
See Something, Say Something – call the Virginia Child Abuse State Hotline at 1-800-552-7096.
For more information download our events flier.